Update the Software of Roku
Roku Streaming players and Roku TVs are made to make sure that they are always running the newer version of the Software. Moreover, the Roku streaming players will verify to see whether the latest software update is available for download during the initial installation process and at all the time when the Roku device is on. Similarly, it also checks for the update randomly for every 24 to 36 hours. As a user, you should also make sure that your Roku streaming player is up to date. In case if the Roku devices does not update the device automatically, then make sure that you perform the updating process manually. In here, we provide you with detailed information on How do I update the software on my Roku TV?
What Is The Newer Software For The Roku Streaming Players?
Following are the new features of the software for the Roku streaming Players:
- At first, Roku OS 9.2 is available on specific Roku players
- Secondly, it includes features that make it simple for you to find entertainment consisting Roku Zones, an update to the 4K Spotlight channel, a new Roku Tips, and Tricks etc
- Roku Zones make it very simple to find entertainment across a selection of leading genres, topical subjects, etc
- Moreover, the 4K Spotlight channel is now updated with the latest look and more easier navigation to assist you in searching for the 4K entertainment
- This Roku OS 9.2 update also makes it easier to get the 4K Entertainment while using the Roku search
- Similarly, you will also get a shortcut section on the Roku home screen, and this helps to decrease the number of steps that you have to perform famous actions
- Next, you can handle various Roku devices with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Finally, it has voice control features to rule your Roku over voice commands
Why Is There A Need To Update The Roku Streaming Player?
Yes! It is very essential to update your Roku device in order not to get any errors. Sometimes, without the updation, you will not get the Roku home screen, or at times the screen will remain black until you update the Roku to its newer version. Not only this, not updating your Roku device can lead to various issues like Screen black, not able to download the channels, but you will be able to stream your favorite content till you complete the update. So according to the expert team, it is very important to update your Roku device.
How Does The Roku Streaming Player Check For The Updates For The First Time?
Yes! The first Roku software update will take place during the installation process
- At first, you will link the HDMI cable to the Roku device and the other end to the HDMI port on the TV
- After that, the connection will take place between the Roku device and power source using the power adapter
- You will power up the Roku device and choose the HDMI input using your TV remote
- Now, you will find the Roku logo on the TV screen
- The performance of the on screen prompts will take place, and you will pair the Roku remote
- Secondly, you will start to connect the Roku device to your Home wireless network
- During the installation process, the Roku streaming player will check for the available wireless networks
- Moreover, it will display a list of networks on your screen
- Next, you will choose your network using the remote and provide the network key for it
- Once it gets connected to the network, it will establish the connection status
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, NOW THE ROKU DEVICE WILL LOOK FOR ANY UPDATE AND UPDATES ITSELF TO ITS NEWER VERSION
- And then only, you will get the Roku activation code and start to activate your device via Roku.com/link
Why There Is A Need To Check For The Roku Update Manually?
- This can be due to the Roku player that has been disconnected for an extended period
- Or it can be due to the installation of a hidden or private channel
How Do I Update The Software On My Roku TV?
Roku streaming device will check for the updates once a day, and if you want to make sure of that, you can update your Roku device manually
Follow the preceding guidelines to update the software of the Roku TV:
- At first, keep holding the Home button on the Roku remote to get the Roku home screen
- After that, make use of the arrow buttons and scroll to the left side of the screen
- Choose Settings on your Roku device and then press the right arrow to choose it
- Secondly, you have to scroll to the System option under Settings and choose it
- Similarly, scroll to the right and select System Update and select it
- Thirdly, choose the Check Now option to check and install the updates manually
- If you can find any updates, choose it and start with the installation process
Make sure that you check for the Roku updates regularly even the device itself check for it on an hourly basis. If this does not happen on a regular basis, the Roku device can face a lot of issues and errors arising out from this. The trouble can occur if the device is disconnected for a longer time. The updating process is easy and simple as the above guidelines and perform it as per the requirements, and then your Roku streaming player will not stop its streaming process.
If you want to get more date on How do I update the software on my Roku TV™? or want to know the answer for this question, feel free to contact our professional expert squad @ +1-844-576-1390 or visit go.roku.com/hdcp for their guidance.